Empress Avenue Laneway House
STATUS: Substatially Complete
This is the first true laneway house built in Saskatoon under the amended zoning bylaw. It is a two storey garage suite with a two car garage, two bedrooms, a full kitchen, and 1.5 bathrooms. This modern suite is constructed with structural insulated panels (SIPs) to offer higher insulation values, air-tightness, and to reduce construction time. The building is supported by 21 screw piles and utilizes Douglas fir and steel beams to offer floorplan flexibility with no load-bearing interior walls. The suite is designed for future solar thermal panels on the south facing wall to assist with the building's radiant floor heating and the domestic water heating. Additional features include triple pane windows, polycarbonate overhead doors, compact European appliances, and LED lighting. The living area is 770 square feet, excluding the balcony facing the lane.
- August 2014: Began application process
- October 3, 2014: Applied for discretionary use permit (aka development permit)
- December 12, 2014: Received discretionary use permit, the second permit issued in Saskatoon
- March 20, 2015: Received building permit
- March 30, 2015: Broke ground on the project
- December 5, 2015: Suite is move-in-ready (approx 8 month after breaking ground)
King George Laneway Suite
Two storey garage suite with a single car garage.
Riverfront GARDEN SUITE
STATUS: PENDING APPROVAL
Garden suite with boat storage below.
Montgomery Single Storey Laneway SUITE
Garage suite which maximizes allowable living space, all on one floor.
Varsity view LANEWAY SUITE
Smart, compact design with double garage below and living space above.